Karen Gale, LMT
Colorado Springs, CO (719) 237-1226
I anticipate opening mid March
If you're looking for ultimate relaxation and a healthier you - you've come to the right place. Karen Gale LMT is highly specialized in many massage and ergonomics techniques, and is committed to your health and well being, comfort and satisfaction. (To learn more about Karen click here)
Massage has been found to improve circulation, joint range-of-motion and flexibility. It can reduce many common ailments such as stress, muscle tightness, aches and pains, aids in reducing anxiety and depression.
Ergonomics is performed by ergonomists, who study human capabilities in relationship to their work demands. Information derived from ergonomists contributes to the design and evaluation of tasks, jobs, products, environments and systems in order to make them compatible with the needs, abilities and limitations of people. Karen can provide ergonomic evaluations in your work place or home office.
This is your time to relax and escape.
Karen's new book: Stairway to Yoga- How to practice Yoga when it seems impossible.
Choose from a variety of services:
- Swedish Massage - Swedish massage is based on the western concepts of anatomy and physiology and used manipulative techniques of effelurage, petrissage, vibration, tapotement and friction, these movements can be slow and gentle, vigorous and intense depending on what needs to be achieved.
- Deep Tissue Massage - has proven to be a very effective
massage technique, which is directed specifically to individual muscle fibers. Its purpose is to unstick the fibers of a muscle while releasing deeply-held patterns of tension, removing toxins, relaxing, soothing and thereby re-educating, as well as encouraging the muscle to operate at full capacity. It is both corrective and therapeutic.
- Body Rolling - As the weight bearing into the ball rolls the ball through the entire length of the muscle, the muscle continues elongating, the tone of the muscle increases, and myofacsial restrictions anywhere along the length of the muscle are freed.
- Thai Massage - Thai massage is also called Thai yoga massage, because the therapist uses his or her hands, knees, legs, and feet to move you into a series of yoga-like stretches. Many people say Thai massage is like doing yoga without any work.
- Prenatal Massage
- Seated Chair Massage
- Neuromuscular Therapy
- Reflexology - How does reflexology work? We press a reflex point on the foot or hand. A message is sent to a body part. That body part begins to let go of excess stress, tension and congestion. Blood flows in, waste products are removed, circulation is normalized. The body begins to heal itself: a headache begins to disappear, fatigue turns to energy, back pain melts away, a fussy baby settles down, sinuses drain, hiccups stop, and stress drains from the body.
- Jin Shin Jytusu
- Cellulite Release Massage Therapy
- CBD oil available upon request
Not sure what treatment is right for you? Karen can assess your needs and help you choose.
"Stairway to Yoga"- Book (available Nov 2009) - $15
Swedish Massage - $65
Deep Tissue Massage/Neuromuscular Therapy - $65
Body Rolling - $55
Thai Massage - $80
Prenatal Massage -$65
Seated Chair Massage - $60
Reflexology - $60
Jin Shin Jytusu -$60
Cellulite Release Massage Therapy -$65
Ergonomic evaluations available